Here are links to a few of my favorites:
- The V-Day Project/Vagina Monologues - Last year I had the honor to work with a group of women at MDC to produce the Vagina Monologues (and they are doing it again this year! So proud!). It was an incredible journey and I totally support what V-Day does for women around the world.
- Strong Women, Strong Girls - Uniting girls who live in the city with college and community mentors. This program is exceptional.
- Planned Parenthood - I know they are a controversial group, but I do stand with Planned Parenthood. They provide thousands of women with affordable healthcare every year. When I was coming out of grad school and had no insurance for a couple months I got sick and was able to go to Planned Parenthood for meds. They were kind and provided me with medication I may not have been able to otherwise afford. And that's what they do for thousands of women, every day.
- The Women's Center in Waukesha - Small but oh so mighty!
- Kiva - Provide loans to men and women around the world, to help make their lives better. You can help with as little as $25!
There are so very many more.. Who do you support in your neighborhood?